Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Share Good Will
I am always reminded, because of contact with good people, that the world we live in, is really a wonderful place, or at least it can be. When you can have friends that are grounded, it is always possible to bounce back so to speak, just when you think the world has gone to hell. I hope I am not the only one that watches the news and thinks about how nasty humans can be, and are towards one another. Shakespere said " how far that little candle throws his beam! So shines a good deed in a naughty world". Although that is true, it doe's not mean that we should not do any good deeds, just because it doesn't effect the human condition as a whole. The light that each of us is capable of producing is certainly felt by those close to us, and when you can come together, the light that is produced shines alot farther. My wish for all of us, is that we can be a positive force to those that are close, and maybe, just maybe, that force will shine farther than we think. A poem by a man named Moore is a favorite of mine, it goes something like this...."I give thee all, I can no more, though poor the offering be; my heart and lute are all the store I can bring thee." Even though sometimes one might think that just because "your offering" may be small to you, it may be as a pot of gold to someone who needs a " little light " in their life. Shine when you can, but also be aware of the light that is in us all. Your light on someone else, could start a chain reaction, and who knows how far that will shine!? May our creator have mercy on us all. Ralph Waldo Emmerson wrote that "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm", so also should we be, towards the good we all are capable of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment